With the only dedicated team in the industry whose entire mission is to deliver the exacting detail required for specialized projects, SteelMaster leads the world in custom applications delivery.
If you desire a unique building application, we will determine the best building model and steel gauge to meet your needs as well as your local ordinances.
If you have a completely custom design in mind, allow our team of experienced design specialists can create custom building solutions for you that work structurally, functionally and aesthetically.
No matter what level of customization your project requires, expect a seamless experience from SteelMaster as our design specialists walk you through the often complex events required to make a custom building project a reality.
Dedicated Design Team For Your Custom Building Project
We’ve worked with architects and engineers to help deliver the custom plans that our customers want and our factory can fabricate and deliver.
With decades of combined experience, our team has the most comprehensive understanding of metal buildings around the globe.
One of SteelMaster’s stand out custom projects was a multi-million dollar Quonset hut home in East Hampton, New York known as the “Arc House.”
The nearly $4 million arch-style home was designed by world-renowned architect Maziar Behrooz of MB Architecture and Design.
The firm chose a metal Quonset hut because of its industrial look, cost-effectiveness and unobstructed interior space.
The Arc House wowed onlookers and gained respect in the architecture community with its modern design aesthetic for many years. It has been featured in many publications and has won several awards, including Pulse Magazine’s 2017 House of the Year, two AIA Peconic Honor Awards and an MCN Building and Roofing Awards.
Custom Products Direct From the Factory – No Middleman Markup
There are several parts and accessories you can purchase from SteelMaster to customize your building:
- Endwalls: SteelMaster sells pre-planned commercial-grade steel endwalls that suit your needs. Our solid endwalls are pre-cut and die-punched for ease of assembly. All corrugated panels are cut exactly to fit.
- Base connector: SteelMaster offers an option C-Channel or Industrial Base Connector to attach your building to its foundation. Arches bolt to the base connector, which anchors bolts to the concrete foundation. Using a base connector gives you the flexibility to move or expand your building and is great for existing slabs or block walls.
- Skylights: Purchasing skylights allow natural sunlight to fill your building. Our skylights are specially designed to match the steel panels of your building. SteelMaster’s skylights disperse light three times better than conventional flat panel skylights. It is advised to install one skylight per 10 feet of building.
- Window frames: Both popular sizes and custom sizes are available for side or end walls. Popular sizes include 24” X 36” and 48” X 36”, with both being 14 gauge.
We also have relationships with vendors that offer:
- Insulation: Though our Galvalume Plus coating helps protect against the temperature better than any other coating in the market, you can insulate your steel building to keep heat/cold in or out. We offer batten or blanket insulation that is mineral fiber consisting of processed fiberglass.
- Doors: We offer both garage doors and service doors. Along with standard sectional overhead garage doors, frames for bi-fold doors and rolling sheet canister doors are also available. Our service doors can be placed in either endwalls or sidewalls. We offer a 30” X 79” endwall door, 4’ X 7’ conventional endwall door and 66” X 79” double conventional endwall door.
Customize Your Building Before and After Purchase
You can add custom elements to your building after construction is completed should you choose, or repurpose your building in a number of ways.
If you need more space after your building has been assembled, you can add additional arches in 2’ increments to the structure after the initial construction of the building to give you additional square footage.
Since our endwalls are not load-bearing, you can also remove them to make the building open-ended, or customize the endwalls using materials of your choice. You can also install skylights in the arches by removing some of your existing building’s panels to add natural light to the structure.
Because of the building’s 100 percent usable space, you can redesign your building’s interior configuration if the use of the building changes over time. For example, the Oklahoma City Ballet purchased the American Energy Partners’ state-of-the-art fitness center in February 2017.
The fitness center had a basketball court, two racquetball courts, a rock climbing wall and two floors with weights and cardio machines.
The ballet company ended up converting the gym into administrative offices and a ballet school. The new facility has increased OKC Ballet’s available space from 8,000 square feet to more than 28,000 square feet.